Tuesday, July 14, 2015

EMAIL: URGENT - Request for third party investigation - Formal Complaint of Serious Misconduct - BPD case no. REDACTED

July 14th 2015

From:
CD

To:
Jeff Torrey and Lori Riordan
Bellevue WA City Attorney's Office

Jimmy Hung
Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, King County


cc:
Bellevue Mayor Balducci; Deputy Mayor Wallace
Bellevue City Council Members Lee, Robertson, Chelminiak, Robinson, and
Stokes
King County Council Member Jane Hague
Police Chief Mylett;
Brad Miyake, City Manager;
David Grant, Public Information Officer;
FBI - Seattle Division
jensullivan@seattletimes.com
lkamb@seattletimes.com
lthompson@seattletimes.com
mcarter@seattletimes.com


RE: BPD Case no. REDACTED- Complaint of Serious Misconduct and Appeal for
Third Party Investigation

To whom it may concern,

I was the victim of an assault on May 19th. The entire incident is filmed
with audio.

I am requesting a formal third party investigation into this case and the
conduct of the police department during their investigation.

Officer C. Wyche and Officer Peacey have knowingly constructed a false
narrative, filed a false report, and in doing so attempt to deny me due
process.

This was done maliciously by Officer Peacey by her direct instruction to
Officer Wyche. Captain Hershey has refused to investigate by supporting the
false report.

The video in question is here: REDACTED

The unredacted case file, send by BPD records at my request, is here: REDACTED

The report clearly and explicitly gets key points of the interaction wrong.
Key points such as:

- How did the interaction begin?
- Who struck who first and why?
- Why did the assailant pursue me?
- What did the assailant do, after striking the camera out of my hand?

The assailant and his brother both state they can't remember what
happened -- My brother can clarify all the off-camera action, yet no one has
taken his statement.

I emailed the Bellevue City Attorney back in May, via Sr. Office Assistant
Mariam Sarwary, on May 21st.

I spoke to Prosecutor Jeff Torrey on June 9th 2015, and he informed me he
placed a call in for more information on the case.

I've been attempting to contact someone at the King County prosecutor's
office to no avail.

I am currently in a certification program that requires a clean background
check, and this malicious prosecution could ruin my education.

This is causing me great stress and I don't believe, despite what the police
or the assailant think, that I deserved to be seriously assaulted. I can
barely sleep at night, and am constantly re-living the attack and the
officers refusal to help.

Below is some of the e-mail correspondence I have had with these Officers.

Will someone please help me?

Sincerely and with great urgency,

CD

No comments:

Post a Comment