Wednesday, July 15, 2015

EMAIL: Question RE: Bellevue WA Police Department Office of Professional Standards

July 15th 2015
To:
Bellevue WA Mayor C. Balducci
Brad Miyake, City Manager
David Grant, PIO
Chief Mylett, Bellevue Police Department

cc:
Captain Hershey

To whom it may concern,

I have had a complaint of serious police misconduct pending review by an "Office of Professional Standards" since July 3rd when it was forwarded by Detective A. Jensen.

I have not been contacted further regarding the complaint.

I have been contacted by a Captain Hershey who says he is reviewing my "case", yet he refuses to provide me contact information for a liason with this Office of Professional Standards.

 In fact, he ignores my question completely in several e-mails. 

He does not state whether he is with this office.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Who currently comprises the Bellevue Police Department Office of Professional Standards?

2. Where is this information located?

3. According to the policy I found on line, the office is consists of Captain, a Lieutenant, and the PIO. All within the same department, with no citizen oversight or outside legal opinions. The City Manager is supposedly their liason. Is this correct?

4. Please confirm, is Captain Hershey currently part of the BPD Office of Professional Standards?

5. Who handles complaints, when the complaint involves a member of the Office of Professional Standards?

I also am requesting, for a third time, the name of a liason to communicate regarding my formal complaint of serious misconduct, forwarded to the Office of Professional Standards on July 3rd 2015.

Please send me all relevant contact information and, if possible, a status on my complaint or reason why the status cannot be determined.

I cannot be reached by phone.

Sincerely,
CD

No comments:

Post a Comment