Thursday, July 16, 2015

EMAIL: Re: 2nd request - RE: Bellevue WA Police Department Office of Professional Standards

Mr. D,
I have been in contact with Captain Hershey and he has informed me he has communicated information to you when requested. Your complaint was received by the Office of Professional Standards and, as per policy, assigned accordingly. Once the investigation is completed you will receive correspondence informing you of the findings. I am monitoring the progress of the investigation and I do not anticipate it will take much longer to determine if any violations of department policy occurred during the incident in question.

The Office of Professional Standards is staffed with a Police Captain and a Police Lieutenant who report directly to the Chief of Police. There is no civilian oversight except that matters related to employee misconduct may include the involvement of the City's legal team.

Your point of contact for this complaint is Captain Hershey. I believe you already possess his contact information. While Captain Hershey is not assigned to the OPS, as per department policy and practice, he will investigate these types of complaints with guidance and oversight from the IA Captain.

If a complaint is received accusing the OPS Captain of misconduct then the complaint will be investigated by the Office of Chief of Police.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions. Should you have further questions please contact Captain Hershey.

Steve Mylett

Chief of Police

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment