Monday, September 21, 2015

A Brand New Day

----- Original Message -----
To: CD
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:35 AM
Subject: Response

Mr. D,
My name is Steve Mylett and I am the Chief of Police for the City of Bellevue. 
I have been working with City Attorney Lori Riordan, and others, to address your complaints against the Bellevue Police Department and your deep dissatisfaction with several of its members. From this point forward, I would like to serve as your point of contact for the matters you raised in your e-mail messages. In order to fully discuss your concerns, I would like to invite you, your brother and your mother to City Hall to meet with me and members of my staff.

My hope is that by sitting down together we will be able to clearly and openly communicate with one another in order to identify a solution for these issues.

I look forward to your response.
Chief Mylett

----- Original Message -----
From: CD
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 6:20 PM
Subject: Re: Response

Chief Mylett,

I can think of nothing more appropriate.

After we meet, you will understand my complete disbelief over what has happened here.

If only Captain Hershey had taken the time to investigate rather than jump to conclusions and dismiss my complaint, we would not be here; If Officer Peacey had investigated prudently, reasonably, cautiously, and impartially, we would not be here; If the assailant had not gotten out of his car and attacked me, then lied, we would not be here.

We most definitely wouldn't be meeting over anything I've done, because I committed no crimes, I have no criminal record, and I am deeply invested in keeping things that way.

As an aside, I think at the very least the department should be motivated to equip body cameras. Seattle PD and the LAPD were able to implement body camera programs.

In regard to scheduling a meeting:
My mother is only able to guarantee XX open, Z is off work XX

The matter is also urgent on my end, and with that in mind I will accommodate any meeting time that falls outside my classroom time.

I will require either my brother or mother to be with me.

It may be possible to meet with some combination of my brother, mother, and I.as early as this week wednesday morning or afternoon, or Friday.

Next week is also acceptable if that works better, or even a Sat/Sunday.

I check my e-mail regularly so this is a good way to reach me.

Thank you for your response.

Sincerely,

CD

No comments:

Post a Comment